Good Morning Agents!
Human behavior experts, working around the clock at an undisclosed IKT bunker, have identified a poison that if allowed to run rampant could prove devastating to our efforts at promoting compassion. Ironically, this poison is manifested inside people, much like compassion. The poison is created when we hold a grudge. Please understand, agents, getting angry or feeling irritated is not the poison. Holding grudges is.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to work today to identify and release at least one grudge you are holding, thus neutralizing the poison. To do this, bring to mind the origin of the grudge and work to reframe the situation in any way that make sense to you.
Some ideas to consider:
• If the object of your grudge is a person, try to see the situation from her/his perspective, allowing you a deeper understanding of it. If you can do this genuinely, direct a warm thought to this person.
• Try also to understand why you felt the grudge in the first place – and if you did not get a need met, consider how you can get that need met in a different way now.
• See if you can let go of the idea that you are “right” and someone else is “wrong.”
• Consider the original hurt as a learning that can help you to grow. What lesson might that original occurrence have to teach you?
• Recognize that any pain you are feeling exists inside you. You have the power to let go of that hurt. By doing so, you will feel more joy and inner peace.
For inspiration, consider this.
Should your actions or those of any of the International Kindness Team be exposed, it will increase the positive ripple effect of creating more kindness in the world. Thus, if time avails, we at IKT HQ implore you to report your activities on the Compassion Map.
Good luck, agents.