Good Morning Agents!
We have uncovered a clue for how to spread the antidote of compassion through your very own internal network super-structure — “Most of us would give our own life for the survival of a family member, yet we lead our daily life too often as if we take our family for granted.” This clue was signed by Paul Pearsall and is the next step in developing our global compassion action plan.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to hold this quote in your heart today and allow a compassionate act for a member of your family to emerge from it. For the purposes of this mission, you are encouraged to define “family” in any way that is meaningful to you.
Successful completion of this mission involves you completing at least one of the following acts of engagement:
• Call the person/people most responsible for raising you and tell them you love them.
• Forgive someone in your family for something for which you have held resentment.
• Help a family member with a chore.
• Do something loving with a family member you normally don’t do.
• Leave a thank you note on the pillow of each family member.
• Tell a family member what you think are her/his greatest gifts and contributions to the world.
• Play for an hour or more with a young person in your family.
• Get back in touch with a family member who you have lost contact with.
• Find a photo of a deceased family member and say thank you for how he/she helped shape you.
• Identify and complete any other act of compassion you can do for/with your family.
For additional inspiration, read this article.
As you first contemplate this mission, try to feel what a member of your family may be feeling. If someone has been suffering, accept that suffering in a loving way. Try to suspend judgment. And focus on the positive aspects of their contributions to your life.
Should your actions or those of any of the International Kindness Team be exposed, it will increase the positive ripple effect of creating more kindness in the world. Thus, if time avails, we at IKT HQ implore you to report your activities on the Compassion Map.
Good luck, agents.